Services for Students
Cowles Library provides a comfortable place to study, an immense collection of print and online resources, and a staff that is eager to help. We are dedicated to ensuring that students have access to the materials, services, and tools they need for academic success in today’s information environment.
Tutoring & Research Help
- Contact a librarian for reference assistance, or schedule a consultation at your convenience so we can help you with your research.
- Schedule an appointment with a Writing Workshop tutor.
- Schedule one-on-one assistance with a Speaking Center tutor.
- Academic Achievement offers tutoring and peer assistance in a number of subject areas.
- Keep up-to-date with research in your major or a general subject area.
- Learn about plagiarism and copyright with our Copyright in Higher Education research guide.
- Has your research been published? Find out more about submitting your own publications to eScholarShare … email Bart Schmidt.
Computers & Technology
- Using Computers in the Library
- Using the Basic Collaboration Stations in the Lower Commons / After Hours Study.
- Collaborate anywhere in the Library with the media:scape mobile computer station.
- Where to Copy, Print, and Scan at the Library.
Getting Materials and Checking Your Account
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can get materials for you from other libraries if we don’t have them here.
- Using your online library account
- Access items that instructors have placed on reserve
- Order a book or media for the library
- How to find and use eBooks, like ProQuest eBook Central and EBSCO Academic eBooks
- Visit our Find page for locating other types of research material.
Drake Online Programs
- Library services and support directed toward Drake Online and virtual students.