Services for Students
Cowles Library provides a comfortable place to study, an immense collection of print and online resources and a staff that is eager to help. We are dedicated to ensuring that students have access to all the materials and tools they need for academic success in today’s information environment.
Tutoring & Research Help
- Contact a librarian for reference assistance, or schedule a consultation at your convenience so we can help you with your research.
- Schedule an appointment with a Writing Workshop tutor.
- Practice and record your presentation in our Speaking Studio, or schedule one-on-one assistance with a Speaking Center tutor.
- Academic Achievement offers tutoring and peer assistance in the Library and in other locations around campus.
- Keep up-to-date with research in your major or a general subject area.
Computers & Technology
- Using Computers in the Library
- Using the Basic Collaboration Stations in the Lower Commons / After Hours Study.
- Collaborate anywhere in the Library with the media:scape mobile computer station.
- Where to Copy, Print, and Scan at the Library.
Getting Materials and Checking Your Account
- Interlibrary Loan (ILL) can get materials for you from other libraries if we don’t have them here.
- Using your online library account
- Order a book or media for the library
- How to use our E-Book collections, like ProQuest Ebook Central (formerly EBL) and the EBSCO Ebook Collection
Other Links of Interest
- Find out what’s new at the library
- Manage your citations and bibliographies with RefWorks
- Copyright in Higher Education – Research Guide
- Learning Express – Professional and Career Resources
- Find out more about adding your own publications and electronic resources to eScholarShare … email Claudia Frazer or Bart Schmidt
- Resolving a Problem with the Library
If you can’t find what you’re after on this page, try searching our site.