Media:scape mobile is collaboration technology allowing teams of 2-4 to work interactively anywhere in the library not designated as quiet space.
Cowles Library has one media:scape mobile unit available on a first come, first use basis. Because it’s designed to be mobile, you may need to look around a bit to find it, but it’s usually “parked” in or near Archives & Special Collections on the second floor.
Media:scape mobile technology:
- 42 inch HD LCD monitor with USB and HDMI inputs
- 4 Pucks in the media well/tray that allow everyone using the unit equal access to share information
- 4 VGA connections
How it works
Media:scape was designed for a “walk-up and connect” experience.
- Plug in the unit and press the Power button on the media well.
- Open the media well and take out a Puck.
- Connect the Puck to your laptop (connection is VGA only). If you don’t have a VGA input, check with the Information Desk to see if there may be an adapter we can check out to you, like this one.
- Share what’s on your laptop by pressing the Puck.
There is no software to download or install. You interact by displaying your laptop. Watch how media:scape mobile works.
While the mobile unit allows easy transport anywhere four wheels will allow, please pay close attention to the diagrams and use information attached to the unit. It’s probably best if at least two people move the unit.