Suggest an Electronic Resource for the Library
The Library invites faculty to request new electronic resources. We evaluate requests based on the procedures and guidelines defined in the Cowles Library Collection Development Policy.
Process for Requesting a New Electronic Resource
- To start the request process please fill out the new library resource request form
- The Library will arrange for a free trial of the resource in October or March, depending on when the request is received, or at another time as needed.
- The Library will provide an online feedback form for the new resource during the trial period. Please use it to provide feedback and encourage colleagues to try the new resource and do the same.
- The Library will decide whether or not to acquire the new resource based on several criteria, including:
- budget availability
- one-time fees vs. subscription costs
- curriculum support
- feedback received during the trial period