This rich online resource is unparalleled in the industry, offering 24/7 access to thousands of full-text medical journals, periodicals, reference works, multimedia, and much more. Perfect for researchers at all levels, this comprehensive consumer health resource provides authoritative information on the full range of health-related issues, from current disease and disorder information to in-depth coverage of alternative medical practices. What dietary habits are associated with developing adult-onset diabetes? Are antioxidants really effective? What new advances have been made in the treatment of HIV/ AIDS? Health & Wellness Resource Center is your first-stop resource for answers to these and other health-related questions.
- An updated, easy-to-navigate interface featuring quick links to hot topics, conditions, diseases and overviews.
- More than 1,000 medical journals, periodicals, and articles from more than 2,200 general-interest publications, medical newspapers, newsletters and news feeds.
- A broad collection of full-text reference works including The Gale Encyclopedia of Alternative Medicine, The Gale Encyclopedia of Surgery and Medical Tests, The Gale Encyclopedia of Genetic Disorders, The Gale Encyclopedia of Cancer, Medical Health Information Directory, The Medical and Health Information Directory and various Thomson Healthcare and Micromedex drug guides.
- Streaming video with transcripts from Healthology, Illumistream, NBC and ORLive.
- Links to trusted Web sites.
- An improved Directory Searching.
- A dual-mode interface.
- Superior indexing and a vast controlled vocabulary.
- Customizable search options.
- InfoTrac InfoMarks allows users to copy and paste persistent URLs into files.
- Many "See" and "See Also" cross-references guides.